Saturday, January 20, 2007

Mind the Gap


Apparently I've been totally out of it because I didn't realize how bad things have been for the Gap until I read a fairly old Washington Post article.

The Gap has been my mainstay since I was in junior high school trying to get a boy's attention because he was a Gap freak. For the last several seasons, most of money has been going to other stores because their clothes (and revamped, Abercrombie & Fitch looking stores) have made me walk in and walk right out. I either think the clothes are fugly, or I already have it (from two winters ago).

The Gap has had its low points before, namely ’99-’02, but I stayed faithful and a part of me always felt that they made it through the tough seasons because I stayed loyal. Now I’m a shameful turncoat and have abandoned my mothership. These are the disastrous results.

No comments: