Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Today is Not Valentine's Day

Today is the day:

  1. a guy elbowed me in the face while I was waiting for a bus and dented my glasses. (To the asshole guy in the puffy Giants Starter jacket: Fuck you. Hard.)
  2. a 300-lb man sat on my knee, while I was napping on the train. (Napping because of #4.) . I winced in pain and he looked at me like I inconvenienced him.
  3. a sweet and mild mannered, but stupid unagented author didn't read his contract and created a legal quagmire that I have to deal with because my boss is on leave.
  4. I was sick and had to go to work to deal with #3, and a dozen other fires that are burning.
  5. that I became a hypocrite and didn't buy a single card, gift, or anything for anyone I care about for V-day because 1) payday is tomorrow, 2) I've been sick since Sunday and have only had the strength to go to work and come home, and 3) I suck.
  6. that should have been a snow day.
  7. that should have been Friday.

Today is anything but Valentine's Day. So, for anyone else who either screwed up or felt screwed by this holiday, I'm rescheduling it for President's Day. So it is written, so it shall be done. Now we all have a second chance.

P.S. Now I'm going to go buy these shoes because my feet were ice blocks today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second that motion.

moonrat said...

Third! I third!!

I'm going to write an answer to your post. I wish I knew the html to link it through. Instead I'll make a brief citation at the end.