Friday, December 29, 2006

Bagpuss



OMG. I have a new obsession and it comes in the form of a purple and white striped cat named, Bagpuss.

My sister has a hot water bottle cover of Bagpuss and attached to it's front right paw is a little mouse that sings this:

We will find it, we will bind it
We will stick with glue, glue, glue
We will stickle it, every little bit of it
We will fix it like new, new, new

Apparently Bagpuss is a character that a lot children have grown up with over here. I don't care if I'm 25 years late to this craze, I'm here now. I have been searching every Boots in this city for my own Bagpuss hot water bottle cover with singing mouse and I've been humming this tune for days! I'll try and post a video of the singing mouse soon. It reminds me of The Decemberists "The Mariner's Revenge Song" when the boy's mother dies and whispers her haunting request.

Must find this purple puss!!

No comments: