Sunday, February 04, 2007

Shine!

While my boss is away, this is supposed to be my opportunity to shine and demonstrate my potential and hidden abilities at work. I can edit! I can acquire! I can be confident, attend meetings where higher management people will look at me and expect me to voice my opinions and be eloquent at the drop of a hat!

It's become clear to me that I can only attempt to achieve his level of excellence by coming in to work at 7am and leaving after 7pm, and working seventeen times harder than I normally do. No human being can sustain this.

I don't have the natural ability to do this and it makes me sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luckily you're more than just your average ASSisstant. You'll shine...like that kid from that MTV show "Fear" said "Your brilliant, your brilliant, your like platinum!!!"

I love inside jokes.

Anonymous said...

I still think I could have rocked that show!