Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I hate St. Louis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may be wondering, where in the world is Blue? 'Cause she certainly hasn't been around the Forest lately.

Seriously, my bad. Between the photographer hunt and the AWESOME DECEMBERISTS concert last weekend (more details and YouTube links soon) and having whole stretches of days with the HB, I've had very little time to come 'round these parts.

Of course, now I'm stuck in the ass-end of the United States (aka St. Louis), so I guess you can consider this my punishment for not being a good blogger.

[Insert name of large company here] sent me here for the National Science Teacher's Association conference so I can basically stand in a booth for 8 hours, shake hands, smile, sell books, and be an overall chipper reflection of our fabulous company. Sigh.

The only problem is that there ain't shit to do in St. Louis. Luckily I have 3 episodes of Prison Break, 2 episodes of 24, 2 episodes of Lost and discs 4 and 5 of season 3 of The Wire. Now I have plenty to do.

By the way, should I mention that I arrived at the airport at 7:15 this morning (for my 8:30 flight) only to discover that my father and I had a miscommunication and my suitcase was NOT IN THE TRUNK OF THE CAR!!!??? Should I also mention that despite driving like a bat out of hell back home to get my suitcase and back to the airport that I didn't make my flight? Does it also need to be said that I had to be in St. Louis before noon and the next flight was leaving NY at 1:30pm? OH, and I thought I lost my cellphone, but apparently I left it at home. Without this blessed internet connection, you might as well just consider me completely not in this universe anymore.

Yeah, my day completely stunk, I'm exhausted and smell about as bad as my day, I have no interest in taking a shower because that would require me to NOT be horizontal right now, and my room service pepperoni pizza tastes like ass. fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. Grrrr!

Oh, did I mention that I'm stuck in this hell hole until Sunday?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Blue I'm so sorry, that all sucks, but you have the two Jacks and Michael and Linc and McNulty to help you through this trying time.