Monday, April 23, 2007

I won a fake vacation


Sigh and double sigh. I received two voicemails on Thursday and Friday from Simplicity Gourmet congratulating me that I won a vacation from a raffle I entered at the March liweddings.com wedding show. I tried to call back late on Friday, but it was way past office hours and I knew I had to wait till Monday to find out what this was all about.

I called back this morning and was told that they'd call me back when they were in the NY-area again because I have to attend a 90-minute cooking show in order to qualify for the prize: an 8-day condo stay in the U.S., Europe, or Mexico. That should have been a red flag for me right then and there, but I needed HB to clear my head and help me realize this is just a pyramid scheme. Fuck.

I guess it was a waste of time to daydream about spending our honeymoon in Aix en Provence, or some such beautiful place like that.

Sigh.

No comments: