Monday, April 30, 2007

Once


So excited! If all goes well, I'm going to see a free screening of Once at NYU tomorrow night. Here's the quick and dirty movie summary:

A modern day musical set on the streets of Dublin. Featuring Glen Hansard from the Irish band "The Frames," the film tells the story of a street musician and a Czech immigrant during an eventful week as they write, rehearse and record songs that reveal their unique love story.

After the movie, there'll be a Q&A, and a live performance by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova (Czech immigrant). Sweet! But, what do I ask? I always like to prepare questions ahead of time, but it's so hard when you're too big of fan. What should I ask?

Q: "Hi, Glen and Marketa. I'm a huge fan of The Frames and of The Swell Season. I was in Dublin with you guys, y'know, ringing in the New Year! I was the Asian girl near the stage...probably a little hard to miss with all the vanilla people around me. Y'know, the one with the camera in your face the whole night? Anyway, I saw you last week when you were in NY. You guys were great! I even got a set list, which was way cool. Anyway, umm, yeah. I didn't really have a question, I guess. It was just a public opportunity to squeal, make inaudible shrill noises, and gush. So, umm, thanks guys!"

No, I can't say that. Someone help me not sound like an ass because without a rehearsal I will say those things above.

No comments: