Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Stuffed Pigs

Sorry for the very sporadic blogging this week. HB is visiting and that always makes for infrequent posting. In fact, it's hard to type right now with all the food comingling in my belly.

For lunch, we had Charrito's in Hoboken for incredibly decadent Mexican. I had grilled chicken enchilladas drowned in a mole sauce with a heaping of refried beans, pico de gallo, shredded white cheese, and sour cream.

For dinner, we ate at Cara Mia, an adorable little Italian restaurant three blocks away from my house. I'm ashamed to say that I've lived in the same neighborhood for 26 years and this is the FIRST time I've been to this restaurant. I have no idea why. It's a gem! I had baked ziti sicilian, which was basically baked ziti with delicious slices of egglant parmesan baked underneath a thick layer of cheese. If I didn't have to roll myself out of the restaurant, I would have topped it off with creme brulee.

Mexican and Italian in one day is usually too much for the average stomach, but we're troopers. Also, we've been thinking about going to Cara Mia for our rehearsal dinner before the wedding next year, so I like to think of dinner tonight as "wedding research." Yeah, that's what I'm calling it.

No comments: