Monday, April 02, 2007

The St. Louis Wrap Up

So, I missed my flight, scrambled like hell to build a booth in 2 hours when I got to St. Louis, had my two camera memory sticks stolen, thought I lost my cell phone, had my return flight to NY cancelled on me (and then rebooked), the plane going to NY was "broken" so I had to wait 3 hours in the airport for them to "find a new one," and St. Louis gave me a cold, which made me stay home from work today.

All in all, a fairly crumby trip. Was it worth all this effort? Hell no. In three 8-hour days manning the company booth, we sold 51 books. Not even enough to cover my food and airfare for 5 days in St. Louis.

Cough cough. Sigh.

On the bright side: I ate lobster, delicious Brazilian and Vietnamese food, and I saw a robot play a trumpet. YouTube link is tk.

No comments: